|via Daily News|
When Project Runway gives you lemons, be sure to put blood, sweat, and tears into making some delicious lemonade. Though the designers battle the clock and put up with diva behavior, the light is at the end of the tunnel for those who prove they are 'in.' Glamorous American designer Zac Posen reflects Charles Swindoll's view that "life is 10% what happens to [you] and 90% how [you] react to it," and reminds us, "Think of the opportunity they're all being given. They can take it from here. They are in the big tent, and they have that for the rest of their lives."
1. Althea Harper:
- Knitwear designer for Tory Burch
- Dressed the Kardashians
- Items pulled for Rent the Runway
2. Austin Scarlett and Santino Rice
- Lifetime show: "On the Road with Austin & Santino"
3. Chloe Dao
- Owns boutique in TX
- Sold out on QVC
- Line of laptop cases for Staples
4. Chris March
- Dressed Meryl Streep, Lady Gaga, Madonna
5. And most notably, fierce all-star Christian Siriano:
- Payless shoe collection
- Cosmetics line for Victoria's Secret Beauty
- Dressed Christina Ricci, Nicki Minaj, Heidi Klum for events
All these designers took steps to leverage their experience on Project Runway to promote their brand -- a zealous attitude we should all learn to embody in our passions-- and manage to stay relevant -- a difficult task to accomplish in an industry defined by the lastest trend.
With that, I wish you all good luck in your endeavors!